Bill Burgess, Marion County Clerk
- Marion County Clerk, 2005 to present
- Salem City Council, 1990-1998, Council President 1998
- Pharmacy manager
- Farm work, Construction and Electrical work
- Food service management
- Juvenile home work
- Oregon State University, Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy
- Lewis and Clark College, Master of Public Administration
Distinctive Education & Experience:
- President, Oregon Association of County Clerks.
- Election Center and Auburn University, Elections/Registration Administrator Certificate.
- Oregon Association of County Clerks’ Certified County Clerk based on experience and continuing education.
- International Association of Government Officials (iGO), Oregon Delegation Director.
- Oregon Association of Counties, Oregon Association of County Clerks Representative, on the Board of Directors, Governance Steering Committee and Legislative Committee.
- Addressed U.S. President’s Commission on Election Administration; Joint Election Officials’ Legislative Conference; Congressional Senate and House Majority and Minority Counsel; and U.S. Deputy Postmaster for Governmental Affairs on vote-by-mail matters to preserve and improve voting integrity.
Trusted ~ Effective ~ Results
Bill assisted in organizing and presented at the Oregon 2020 Election Security Symposium in conjunction with the Oregon Secretary of State, US Department of Justice, Department of Homeland Security, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
Bill has modernized our vote counting system and procedures while implementing technology and procedures to:
- Provide prompt, professional customer service
- Enhance ballot envelope addressing
- Count ballot batches
- Scan and sort ballot envelopes by precinct
- Verify ballot envelope signatures
- Track your ballot and notify you
- Process marriage licenses
- Process deeds, mortgages, liens, and other land recordings
- Process passport applications