Bill is an active member of his local communities and throughout Marion County. Here is a selection of media coverage, Bill’s presence in community, press releases, photos and much more! Visit often as this page changes frequently!
“Never believe that a few caring people can’t change the world. For, indeed, that’s all who ever have.” And: “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world, indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.”
~ Margaret Mead
Connect on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/electbillburgessmarioncountyclerk
Connect on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BillBurgess5
July 4, 2020: Bill speaks at 4th of July rally; Posted to Twitter
VIDEO and TELEVISION
- October 21, 2020: Candidate Forum – Silverton Grange, Silverton OR.
- October 20, 2020: Displaced by wildfires? Here’s how to vote in Marion County, Salem, OR.
- September 14, 2020: Voting Process for Wildfire Evacuees, Salem, OR.
- June 7, 2020: Rally, protest and march for George Floyd, Salem, OR. Bill speaks at 1:48
- May 27, 2020: May Primary Elections Review with RCOS, Salem, OR. Bill speaks at 28:30
- February 5, 2020: Oregon 2020 Election Security Symposium, Salem, OR Bill speaks at 25:20
- How to get your ballot if your home is destroyed, or you’ve been evacuated (2020, September 16), Statesman Journal, Retrieved from https://www.statesmanjournal.com/story/news/politics/2020/09/16/how-get-your-ballot-vote-home-lost-evacuated-oregon-wildfires-election/5805692002/
- Oregon, Marion, Polk county election officials address mail-in voting concerns (2020, August 19), Statesman Journal, Retrieved from https://www.statesmanjournal.com/story/news/politics/2020/08/19/oregon-mail-in-voting-concerns-usps-removing-mailboxes-addressed-officials/5587625002/
- Oregon lawmakers want to ensure ballots get counted in November. But is it too late? (2020, August 19), The Oregonian, Retrieved from https://www.oregonlive.com/news/2020/08/oregon-lawmakers-want-to-ensure-ballots-get-counted-in-november-but-is-it-too-late.html
- Marion County commissioners reject funding request for more election drop boxes (2020, August 18), Salem Reporter, Retrieved from https://www.newsbreak.com/oregon/salem/news/2042591233260/marion-county-commissioners-reject-funding-request-for-more-election-drop-boxes?s=ws_em
- Steve Trout and Bill Burgess, Guest Opinion, Oregonians can have confidence their vote is secure (2020, March 6), Statesman Journal, Retrieved from https://www.statesmanjournal.com/story/opinion/2020/03/06/voter-confidence-secure-elections-oregon-marion-county-guest-opinion/4898850002/
RADIO, PODCAST and BLOGS
- “All Politics Are Local”. Willamette Wake Up. 05 October 2020. Radio. Archived at https://kmuz.org/willamette-wake-up-10-05-2020-local-election-coverage-marion-county-clerk-candidates-bill-burges/
- “Getting Ballots to Displaced Voters in Marion & Linn Counties”. Willamette Wake Up. 30 September 2020. Radio. Archived at https://kmuz.org/willamette-wake-up-09-30-2020-getting-ballots-to-displaced-voters-in-marion-linn-counties/
- “The Vote Must Go On: In Person or By Mail”. The Joe Madison Show. SiriusXM. 21 September 2020. Radio. Archived at https://www.siriusxm.com/clips/clip/0469a9b1-fd7d-4257-ab28-f76acc8fa2aa/16a55b8b-8984-4f31-8af9-bb9740f812a0